Petfleas.co.uk is a specialist pet health provider offering essential products for cat, dog and equine owners. Our quality products work hard to treat and prevent nasty parasites like fleas, ticks and worms. You can buy some of the most powerful flea treatments quickly and easily online from us including Frontline Spot-On Flea Treatment which also helps eliminate ticks.
Fleas are nasty little parasites that can make life a misery for pets and owners. At Petfleas.co.uk you can find an extensive range of veterinary approved flea prevention and treatment products which kill fleas fast. Spot-On Flea treatments are an essential part of any strategic plan to rid your pet of fleas and keep them in the best health. Petfleas.co.uk can offer a variety of top brands such as Frontline Spot-On for cats and dogs which is recognised as one of the most effective treatments for the eradication and prevention of fleas.
Fleas can make your pets very uncomfortable and can cause excessive scratching, fur loss and more serious conditions such as anaemia (common in young and senior pets). By using spot-on dog and cat flea treatment products like Frontline you can treat fleas that have already infested your pets. However, did you know that only 5% of a flea infestation is on your pet? The other 95% is made up of flea pupae, larvae and eggs that are lurking in your home. Using flea treatments regularly in combination with Insect Growth Regulators such as Indorex (also available from Petfleas.co.uk) help to eradicate any infestations effectively.
Another parasite that can pose a great threat to our beloved family pets are Ticks, especially in the UK after a recent increase in cases of tick borne diseases such as Lyme Disease and Babesiosis. Ticks are related to the spider family and attach onto your pets when they brush past long grass and other vegetation. They can remain attached to your pet for several days, whilst they take a blood meal and only drop off when fully engorged. One of the most common questions we get asked by our customers is how to remove ticks from cat’s and dog’s as this can be somewhat tricky. If these pesky critters are not removed in the correct manner, parts of the tick can be left under the skin of your pet, potentially leading to infection.
Special devices known as tick hooks can be used to safely remove a tick from your pet. At Petfleas.co.uk we recommend the best way to be rid of ticks is to use a monthly spot-on treatment and carefully checking your pet over after they have been out in long grass. Preventing tick bites or spotting them early can help reduce the risk of your cat and dog getting infected with tick-born diseases which can be potentially life threatening to not only your pet, but also to you.
Some species of pet worms can also pose a risk to your families’ health, as well as infecting your pet and making them unwell. At Petfleas.co.uk we stock a wide range of veterinary approved worming treatments for your pet to help keep your whole family protected. It can be very difficult to tell if you dog or cat has worms, so it is vital to use effective worming treatments on a regular basis. In the past, worming your cat and dog filled many of us with dread, however at Petfleas.co.uk we stock a large range of treatments, many of which are flavoured or can be mixed in with your pet’s food for ease.
Get great deals on all the essential products you need for flea, tick and worm prevention online now at Petfleas.co.uk.