Published on July 30th, 2012 | by Debbie Martin1
Guidelines for Safe and Effective Cat Flea Treatment
When carrying out any pet treatments at home you do need to make sure you know what you are doing. Cat flea treatment for example will involve using some strong chemicals. This could adversely affect your pet’s health if you do not follow the right procedures.
Cat Flea Treatments
These products will contain some form of insecticide designed to kill fleas. These chemicals are fully tested and clear guidelines will be provided by the manufacturer to ensure the dosage is both safe and effective.
- This means when you carrying out any treatment at home it is essential that you read the manufacturer’s instructions.
- These will be clearly listed on the packaging or be included on a datasheet within the package. This will tell you how to administer the products and what dosage will be required.
- It is important you do not overdose your cat even if you have a bad infestation of fleas. This could cause side effects such as fatigue, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
- For any advice or information about using cat flea treatments safely, or any other flea fighting products contact our trained staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01829 262041.
Choosing the Right Product
It is also important that you choose the right cat flea treatment for your pet. Cats can vary a lot in terms of size and body mass.
- Young kittens are very small and adult dosages of flea treatments can be too strong for them. However you do need to treat kittens for fleas as if they become infested when this young it can cause serious problems such as exhaustion and anaemia.
- You can buy cat flea treatments that can be used on kittens, however please read the instructions carefully as the kittens typically have to be over a certain weight and/or age.
- It is also important to choose a leading product that has been proven to provide effective and safe cat flea treatments.
- If you use inferior products you may end dosing your pets more often than is healthy for them. These chemicals can build up in the body and impact on your pets overall health.
- It is much better for you to choose effective products that provide a lasting preventative effect after a single dose. This minimises the risks of side effects and is also much less hassle for you and your pets click here to learn more.