Published on June 28th, 2012 | by Debbie Martin2
Advice on Treating Your Cats with Spot-On Products
Cats are wonderful creatures and caring for them is a big responsibility. You will need to make sure you are seeing to their comfort and health. This includes using products like cat flea treatments to keep them free from parasites like fleas.
No matter how clean cats are they can still pick up fleas when they are out and about. Their soft, thick fur and warm bodies offers the perfect environment for fleas and this means it is almost impossible to stop your cats from picking up these parasites, however there are a great many products on the market that can help.
Treating Cats for Fleas
Cats can be notoriously difficult to treat with topical flea treatments. You will see many flea powders and sprays on the market but these may not be suitable for your cats.
- Firstly cats will be unlikely to stand still complacently whilst you apply sprays or powders. This means in order to apply these treatments you will have to restrain pets.
- This can be distressing for both pets and owners. Also as pets struggle it can make it more difficult to apply the product properly.
- This can result in fleas escaping treatment and continuing to cause problems for your pets.
- Another problem with flea powders and sprays is that many cats will try and lick their fur to clean it.
- This can be a serious issue as many flea treatments are made from powerful chemicals which can cause illness in cats when consumed.
- The important benefit of using products such as Frontline for cats or Eliminall for cats is that you can get easy to apply Spot On.
- These are much more suitable for cats and kinder on both pets and owners.
- The Spot On Frontline for cats treatment is also easy to apply. All you need to do is drop a small amount on the skin at the back of your cat’s neck.
- If you do this whilst they are sat comfortably (or asleep) then they will most likely not even notice you have applied the treatment.
- Because of the location of the treatment site your cat will not be able to lick the Spot On off before it has a chance to get to work on fleas.
- It is important to choose effective flea treatments that do not cause you or your pets any distress.
- This will make treating fleas so much more pleasant and will encourage you to keep up to date with flea treatments to keep these annoying parasites at bay.