Thanks to modern pet foods and improved medicines pets are living longer than ever before. However as pets grow older they do develop different needs from their diet. These cannot always be covered by the pet foods available. In particular joint supplements can be a good idea for senior pets.
Joint problems are common in older animals and these can be eased with effective joint supplements. This can reduce swelling and discomfort and help to ease pain. You can buy joint supplements online now at Petfleas.co.uk.
Senior Pet Health
In the wild it would be rare for an animal to grow old enough to develop old-age related conditions such as arthritis. Domestic pets are cared for though and provided with shelter and regular food. This means they often do grow old enough to be affected by arthritis and other conditions.
- As many humans can benefit from joint supplements older pets can as well. This can provide the additional minerals and vitamins they need in their diets to keep their joints in better condition.
- You do need to reconsider aspects of health when your pets become older. They will no longer have the stamina and agility of their youth.
- This means you do need to keep an eye on their weight and fitness.
- Many dogs will still be eager for a walk but long distances and tough terrain can be too demanding for their older bodies.
- Long walks and intense exercise can aggravate joint conditions so you do need to ensure exercise is in moderation.
- Swimming is ideal for older dogs as it provides exercise without so much stress on the joints.
- Joint supplements will also to help keep your pets moving without too much pain and soreness.
- Cats will tend to sleep longer and have less tolerance to the cold as they age. This means you do need to make sure they have somewhere warm to sleep at night and during the winter.
- The cold can aggravate joint problems like arthritis so electric ‘pet pads’ are a good idea for the colder months.
- These pads work very much like a low level electric blanket and provide safe, continuous heat to keep senior pets comfortable and warm.
You can find a good selection of joint supplements online now from Petfleas.co.uk. This can provide you with a practical way to ease joint discomfort in older pets.