Unfortunately fleas are a very common parasite and they can quickly infest homes if you leave them unchecked. Pets can pick up fleas almost anywhere other animals have frequented so you do need to be vigilant and treat your pets with preventative measures. Products such as Frontline Spot On can be a convenient way for you to combat pet fleas.
Petfleas.co.uk can offer a wide selection of flea Spot On products for pet owners. These are easily available online and provide a fast effective treatment for fleas.
Fleas are nasty bloodsucking parasites that live primarily off of the blood of animals. However they can also bite humans and this can be unpleasant. There are a number of reasons why you should use Frontline Spot On or other flea products to prevent fleas from infesting your pets and your home:
- The common dog flea (Ctenocephalides canis) has been known to spread tapeworm and other diseases through its bite. To protect your dog’s health it is important to ensure fleas are killed before they can spread diseases.
- Fleas can cause scratching and grooming which can cause the fur to fall out and the skin to become irritated and inflamed.
- Many animals (and humans) are allergic to substances in the flea’s saliva. This can cause excessive itching and scratching which can lead to swollen, damaged skin. Damaged skin can become infected causing more problems.
- Some vulnerable pets (such as seniors and young animals) can also develop anaemia from flea infestations which can become life-threatening if left untreated.
- Fleas breed extremely fast and just one single female flea can lay up to 50 eggs every day. This means that if left unchecked fleas can quickly turn into an infestation in your home that can be difficult to treat.
Frontline and other Flea Products
Using Frontline Spot On or other flea products from Petfleas.co.uk is an effective way in which you can prevent fleas. With these treatments you will be able to protect your pets against adult fleas. You will need to use flea Spot On products to treat pets for fleas every three months or so. This will provide year round protection against these nasty parasites.
- Flea Spot On products work to kill adult fleas as soon as they feed on your pets.
- The substance in flea Spot On products is not harmful to your pets but as soon as it is ingested by the adult fleas it attacks their central nervous system killing them within 24 hours.
- This ensures they are eradicated before they can irritate your pet or start to breed.
Frontline Spot On and other flea products offer a practical and successful way in which you can prevent flea infestations in your home. Get the Spot On products you need now from Petfleas.co.uk.